R-5 XP Panel
Our R-5 XP Insul-Sheathing panel, formerly light blue, is now grey. This is to indicate that it has been produced using DuPont’s new reduced global warming potential Styrofoam™ Brand XPS formulation, which was designed to comply with the North American Greenhouse Gas and Hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) reduction objectives. In other words, R-5 XP panels are now GREY, and GREENER than ever!
Combining the mechanical properties of BP’s wood fibre panels and the insulation properties of DuPont’s Styrofoam™ Brand XPS panels, R-5 XP offers a one-step solution to meet the energy-efficiency requirements for both the Ontario and Quebec building codes.
Here are the reasons builders should use R-5XP:
- Provides a continuous thermal resistance of R-5 meeting the requirements of Supplementary Standard SB-12 (Ontario) and Section 11 of the Quebec Building Code;
- Does not require additional bracing reducing both material and labour costs;
- Meets both air-barrier and weather-barrier standards eliminating the need and the cost of installing housewrap;
- Water vapour permeable keeping the wall assembly dry and mold-free over time;
- Lightweight and easy to install.